Do you have a large basement, cold, lost under your house? If you do, this is a great opportunity to turn that splace into something exciting and in some cases even free up more room upstairs. The Basement design ideas are as good as you want them and the more you use your imagination, the better ideas you will come up with. Here are 7 time tested basement ideas, you can add to your home and make it an exciting place to live:
7 Time Tested Basement Ideas That You Can Try
1) Basement home theater ideas - or maybe just a big TV room if you choose. With the proliferation of reasonably priced now LCD flat screens. this basement design idea is one of the most popular. If you turn your basement into a quarter of the film / TV you can install large speakers and have a great movie experience whenever you want. You can even save money on movie tickets!
2) Basement home gym ideas - people are increasingly buying tread mills, weight sets, and elliptical machines and what better place to put them in the basement. Turn up the nice room and you have yourself your own private gym!
3) Basement workshop ideas - If you have enough lighting and door space to get things in and out a basement workshop might be right for you. Working in your basement in the cold months of winter would be much nicer than in that cold garage.
4) Basement bars ideas - if you do not have enough space to entertain upstairs, you might consider moving the party down. This is a great idea for some smaller houses. If you can put in a mini kitchen in the basement and some fun furniture you are ready to party!
5) Basement home office ideas - Many people need to work at home in today's modern world and moving the office downstairs to the basement is a great idea to separate work from play. Making a basement office also frees up a bedroom or den where the office was.
6) Basement game room ideas - Put in a pool table or ping pong table along with a large TV and you have yourself a game room for everyone to enjoy. Adding a pinball machine will really add to the ambience of the game room!
7) Basement bedroom design ideas - Turn your basement into the guest bedroom and free up a room up for yourself. This will work best if the basement has a bathroom and a shower of course.
These are just some of the ideas of the basement that you can use to make your basement useful instead just feel empty there.